Pages

December 17, 2013

Modern Business Plan for a globalized world

When Barbara said she was going to start her own furniture company I quickly became the pessimist she really did not need. I apologized of course but still kept my opinion on the table. I told her the difficulties of running a furniture retail store let alone a furniture manufacturing company. She said the economy in the US is getting back on their feet and a lot are looking for great furniture manufacturers once more.

A year later, her business was doing quite well. It was incredible, restoring my faith in retail. Her methods were pretty modernized, using a lot of online design tool, globalized marketing and local reliable labor. Honest investors were hard to find, but she was able to team up with a great board.

It was no easy feat, but she said she owed me a lot for the advices I gave her. Having a pessimistic friend gave her the drive to never take her eyes off the ball.

No comments: