Pages

March 8, 2014

Matching Travel with Volunteerism is Interesting

I am not the kind of person who simply enjoys sightseeing. In fact I am one of those who enjoy the journey more than the destination. It is the thrill of travelling that gets me going. I like the feeling that I am on my way to somewhere.

However, more than this, I would enjoy my travel if I was really doing something worthwhile at the place. It should be worth the long lines, the long rides and of course the money and energy expended. This worthwhile endeavor, for me, would be being able to reach out to people. For sure, I could just go to Bali and enjoy the beaches or visit a mountain resort and live the good life for a while. But after the fun fades and things start to get boring, I’d like to get down to work and make myself useful.

This is why I think mixing volunteerism with travel will be much more interesting. Not only do I get to get something from the place, like souvenirs and what not, I also get to give back.

No comments: