Pages

March 7, 2014

Heart Beats And Drum Beats

High schools are not complete without the Battle of the Bands. Adolescent boys try to impress people and build their image of coolness in this stage. All of a sudden, my clean cut classmates would grow their hair to a certain extent, regardless of the rule that boys should maintain a short black hair. Black accessories will be a staple to every student in school. Everyone is an instant ultimate rock fan, including me.

This was also the time when Vien and I would secretly spend some time together. I remember him telling me stories of rock culture, his favorite bands and his ambition to become a rock star. On the day of the Battle of the Band, we talked and he borrowed my rosary necklace so it will be his lucky charm as he use a tama silverstar at guitar center. They won in that contest. I really felt proud to see him play.

No comments: